Account Manager - Outside Sales
Layfield Canada Ltd.
About the Opportunity
Layfield has an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for an Account Manager - Outisde Sales to join our dynamic sales team. This is a full-time, permanent position operating in the greater Toronto area with the Layfield office located in Vaughan, ON.
The Account Manager - Outisde Sales is essential to the ongoing business development efforts of the sales team. The incumbent will be the primary customer contact responsible for managing the relationship between Layfield and our key customer accounts within a defined market segment. The role will be accountable for growing both revenues and the levels of product sales to new and existing accounts.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Increase revenue and performance of key accounts while also delivering Layfield’s Promise to Serve
- Develop strategies and initiate plans to grow assigned key accounts
- Providing business solutions fully adapted to our customers' needs through product and market knowledge
- Prospecting for new business by conducting cold calls
- Update and engage customers on Layfield product offerings
- Implement sales techniques, develop Layfield technical knowledge, and utilize it build a high yielding client base
- Providing quotes, warranty details and other product information to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
The ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- One to three (1-3) years of sales experience. Construction product sales experience would be an asset
- Completion of a post-secondary program with a focus on business or a combination of education and previous sales experience will be considered
- Strong personal sales skills with a proven track record of following through on commitments
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Customer-oriented with ability to build and manage customer relationships
- Independent but works well within a team environment, receptive to ideas from others and shares information
- Willingness / ability to frequently travel, including overnight travel (30%)
- Intermediate MS Office skills
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience.
Layfield offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.);
- RRSP Matching;
- Travel Reimbursement
- Reimbursement for continuing education;
- You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Golf Tournaments, Sporting Events and more!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the Account Manager – Outside Sales job title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.