Business Development Manager - South America
Layfield Group Ltd.
Santiago, Chile or Lima, Peru
Layfield is an industry leader in the geosynthetics and flexible films businesses. Layfield has a strong company culture, based on family values, and a commitment to high ethical standards.
For 40 years, Layfield has committed itself to providing excellent service to our customers while constantly improving the quality of our products. While Layfield is headquartered in Canada, we are looking to expand and develop our business in South America.
Layfield is looking to provide a unique opportunity for a highly-motivated and hardworking Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our team. Based in Santiago, Chile or Lima, Peru, this role would be best suited for a sales professional with relevant knowledge of the mining and/or construction industry.
Primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
Research and develop list of potential clients, proactively identify, locate, and qualify new business opportunities.
Proactively identify and create a list of new potential customers
Learn about customer and competitor activities in order to effectively recommend Layfield products and services
Conduct presentations for engineers and business owners to properly inform them of our products and services
Attend conferences and other events as needed
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of business development experience. Previous experience or contacts within the mining and/or construction industry would be preferred.
- Completion of a post-secondary program with a focus on business administration, engineering or a combination of education and previous sales experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated business development and relationship management skills with ability to identify customer needs
- Ability to effectively communicate, negotiate, problem-solve, and close sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English language is required
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and business relationships
- Practical knowledge of MS Office and a customer relationship management (CRM) program
For more detailed information on this position or for other employment opportunities, visit our website at: www.layfieldgroup.com
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV in English to email@example.com. Please refer to the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.