Business Development Manager
Layfield USA Corporation
San Diego, CA
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.
Layfield is looking to add a highly motivated and hard-working Business Development Manager with an interest in construction products or civil engineering. The successful candidate will develop industry contacts, utilize their sales experience, and a demonstrate a proven ability to creatively and confidently convey the added value of Layfield’s products & services to prospective clients.
This full-time, regular position will report to the Sales Manager - USA and will be based out of the Layfield San Diego office. The BDM will be servicing customers and developing new customers in the Southwest United States region as well as calling on some national accounts.
About the Opportunity
The key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Research and develop list of potential clients, proactively identify, locate, and qualify new business leads.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal customers (including marketing, customer services, purchasing and supply chain) and external customers, sharing knowledge and being a team player.
- Contact owners, engineers and specifiers to introduce Layfield and present our product and service offerings.
- Evaluate learn customer and competitor activities and propose Layfield solutions
- Conduct product and sales training sessions to meet internal and external customer needs.
- Identify business opportunities that will grow civil construction business.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 1-3 years of business development experience.
- Completion of a post-secondary program with a focus on business, engineering or a combination of education and previous sales experience will be considered.
- Excellent verbal, written and technical communication skills and superior presentation skills are required.
- Established ability to effectively manage multiplepriorities and business relationships.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and a CRM program is preferred.
- Demonstrated business development skills with ability to identify customer needs and effectively communicate, negotiate, and close sales.
About the Benefits
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience. Layfield offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, flexible spending plan, life insurance etc.);
- 401K Contribution Package;
- Vacation Benefits;
- You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQs, Golf Tournaments, Sporting Events and more!
If you are a motivated Business Development Manager interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference the BDM – San Diego job title in the subject line of your email.
To learn more about Layfield, please visit our website at www.layfieldgroup.com
We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.