Layfield Canada Ltd
About the Opportunity
Layfield has an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for two (2) full-time permanent candidates to work in our Edmonton Fabrication Team as a Fabrication Labourer. The position is responsible for fabricating using various fabrication machines. The candidates will work based out of the Edmonton Plant from Monday to Friday (8am to 5pm).
The key responsibilities of these positions include but are not limited to:
- Operating machines such as the extrusion welding rod machine, sewing machine, silt fence machine and other machines as required
- Correctly set up, maintains, and ensures machine is running optimally
- Following all Quality Assurance and Production operating procedures
- Performing changeovers as efficiently and carefully as possible
- Inspecting completed product to ensure the customer requirements are met
- Keeping equipment and the surrounding area clean and free of debris at all times, including end of shift
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
About the Benefits
- One to two (1-2) years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Sewing experience would be an asset
- Safety Oriented
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs on a regular basis
- Experience with basic hand tools
- Able to work in a fast paced, high production environment
- Contributes as a “Team Player”
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience. Layfield offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including:
- $18.00 to $20.00 per hour (depending on experience) with opportunities for overtime
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, flexible spending plan, life insurance etc.);
- RRSP Contribution Matching Program;
- Vacation Benefits;
- All PPE provided (except Steel Toed Boots);
- Progression system/ On the job training provided;
- You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQs, Golf Tournaments, Sporting Events and more!
If this position interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.