Layfield Canada Ltd
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.
About the Opportunity
- Join a rapidly growing organization, providing you with opportunities to advance
- Enjoy a competitive salary, fantastic benefits and reimbursement for continuing education!
- Play an integral role in enhancing Layfield’s operations.
General Labourers are key production personnel responsible for material movement to and from lines, between warehouses and the correct packaging of finished goods. General Labourers assist Operators in the Extrusion, Printing and Conversion Departments. General Labourer duties are varied and may include activities that assist other departments and personnel, such as cleaning, sweeping, mopping, assembling, lifting, moving and offering general assistance. They are required to attain maximum levels of productivity, efficiencies and quality in the performance of daily shift workload requirements.
Layfield has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for General Labourer to join our dynamic Layfield Manufacturing team. This is a full-time, permanent position located in the Richmond, BC Facility. Layfield is a shift work environment.
Other opportunities include Production Technicians and Machine Operators.
The ideal candidate will have applied experience in manufacturing.
The Key Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Practices safe work habits and reports unsafe conditions
- Monitors equipment performance and quality of goods produced. Reports deficiencies to the Operator.
- Responsible for the complete and accurate recording of production on their lines. This includes Shop Clock, Ritescan and Unipoint.
- Responsible for maintaining a well-organized and clean work area that meets PAC Secure requirements.
- Assists Operators and Technicians with changeovers, set ups and adjustments.
- Moves materials or finished goods to and from lines when required.
- Packing finished goods into boxes for palletization.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
About the Benefits
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to follow direction
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be comfortable with repetitive tasks
- Must be safety conscious
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must be able to clearly communicate verbally and written
- A valid sit down forklift license would be an asset
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience.
Starting wages for General Labourer are $16.16 per hour with a $1 per hour shift premium with opportunities to advance in a skilled environment. Starting wages for Production Technician are $18.07 per hour with a $1 per hour shift premium with opportunities to advance in a skilled environment.
Layfield offers a competitive compensation package, including:
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ’s, Golf Tournaments, Sporting Events and more!
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance, etc.);
- RRSP Matching;
- Vacation Benefits;
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.