Geomembrane Installation Technicians - CGY
Layfield Canada Ltd.
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.
About the Opportunity
Key responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
The Geomembrane Installation Technicians are responsible for the installation of geomembranes, liners and environmental containment systems, while maintaining a high level of safety and quality.
These positions are full-time, permanent positions based out of Calgary office (Bay 5 - 10551 50th Street SE, Calgary, AB) and will require extensive travelling to remote locations in Western Canada.
The ideal candidate will:
- Assisting with the deployment of geosynthetic materials
- Installing various environmental containment systems within frac tanks, oil tank farms, produced water ponds, storm water ponds, landfills, etc.
- Using seaming and extrusion equipment to fusion weld geosynthetic materials
- Using basic hand tools and grinders as required
- Ensuring all assigned projects are completed according to Layfield safety policies and in accordance with the customers/project specifications assuring the highest quality standards are met
- Have a minimum 2 years geomembrane installation experience
- Have a minimum grade 12 level of education
- Be comfortable with travelling to remote locations and being away for extended periods of time up to 24 days
- Be adaptable to changing schedules for time-off
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Be a safety focused individual
- Have a valid Driver’s License or government issued photo ID
- Have any/ all of the following safety tickets would be considered an asset: CSTS 09, H2S, & First Aid
- Be able to successfully pass pre-employment testing as a site specific requirement
What does Layfield have to offer?
- $24.00 to $30.00 per hour (depending on experience) with frequent opportunities for overtime
- Paid Travel Time & Per Diems
- Lodging supplied while on remote job sites or paid camp premiums while on camp job sites
- All PPE provided (except Steel Toed Boots)
- Transportation provided from Calgary Office to and from work site
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance)
- RRSP Matching Program
- Progression system/ On the job training provided
If this position interests you, please forward your resume indicating the position title and your wage expectations to email@example.com.
No Agencies Please.
We thank all applicants for their interest
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.