IT Support Specialist
Layfield Group Limited
- Join a rapidly growing organization, providing you with opportunities to advance!
- Enjoy a competitive salary, fantastic benefits and reimbursement for continuing education!
- Play an integral role in Supporting Layfield’s business!
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.
Layfield has an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for a IT Support Specialist to join our dynamic IT Team. This is a full-time, permanent position located in our Corporate Office in Richmond, BC.
The IT Support Specialist position is the first line of contact for Layfield’s system users. The IT Support Specialist will deal with the day-to-day operational and helpdesk issues, either resolving directly or following through by escalating to the appropriate resource. The IT Support Specialist will get involved in all aspects of Layfield’s IT which includes all hardware (servers, workstations and laptops), network (LAN, WAN and Internet), helpdesk (user account creation and user support), data (Backup and Restores) and applications (Windows, Office and the business applications).
- Adhere to IT policies ensuring data and system security and the proper use of IT equipment and services are maintained.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and services by attending seminars, taking courses, acquiring certifications and corresponding with other industry professionals.
- Participate in IT projects when required.
- Respond to all user requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Log user issues into the helpdesk tracking tool; work to resolve the important issues as soon as possible; and call for assistance and/or escalate as required.Setup new users with an account, and configure required hardware.
- Provide basic IT infrastructure training to new users.
- Configure, repair and ship workstations and laptops.
- Assist with maintaining inventory records of hardware.
- Support and configure the corporate standard for wireless devices such as iPhones
- Assist in installing and programming routers, switches and wireless access points.
- Configure and support networked printers, copiers, and scanners.
- Assist in the maintaining and monitoring of the daily backups.
- Assist in keeping up-to-date documentation of system configurations.
- Assist in data recoveries as required.
- Record and monitor software licenses for compliance.
- Provide application support to Layfield employees.
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze and research problems to find effective solutions quickly and logically.
- Ability to explain resolutions and recommendations to all levels of Layfield employees.
- Willing to prioritize work to fit with work load of colleagues and co-workers.
- Is sensitive to the different needs of end-users.
- Ability to understanding new technology and emerging trends, and how it may apply to Layfield.
- Completes tasks in such a manner that it does not require checking from another.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize several requests, occasionally under time pressure situations.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions from users requesting service and support.
- Strong knowledge of current Microsoft environments including desktop and server operating systems, remote desktop services and server administration (Active Directory).
- Understanding of Network administration including the physical devices.
- Understanding of desktop administration (local and remote administration).
- Understanding of the difference between physical and virtual servers.
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience.
Layfield will offer a competitive benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.);
- RRSP Matching;
- 3 weeks vacation;
- Paid sick and personal leaves;
- Reimbursement for continuing education and professional development
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Golf Tournaments, Sporting Events and more!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Layfield, please visit our website at www.layfieldgroup.com