Maintenance & Engineering Coordinator
Layfield Canada Ltd
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.
- Join a rapidly growing organization, providing you with opportunities to advance
- Enjoy a competitive salary, fantastic benefits and reimbursement for continuing education!
- Play an integral role in enhancing Layfield’s operation manufacturing capabilities!
About the Opportunity
The Maintenance & Engineering Coordinator is responsible for the administration of the repair and maintenance of all equipment, facilities, and tools, etc. Through their skills, and proficiency in administrating Industrial Plant Maintenance, they contribute to an efficient and productive manufacturing operation.
Layfield has an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for Maintenance & Engineering Coordinator to join our dynamic Layfield Manufacturing team. This is a full-time, permanent position located in the Richmond, BC Facility.
The ideal candidate will have applied experience in manufacturing.
- Maintain an adequate spare parts inventory and ensure that these parts are stored correctly and inventoried accurately.
- Maintain equipment and repair records through a Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS).
- Maintain an inventory of plant tools, machinery, jigs, and fixtures.
- Create Purchase Orders and coordinate with suppliers to procure spare parts.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in formulating & writing maintenance policies, new equipment recommendations, modifications, etc.
- Maintain a contractor list and meet with onsite contractors performing project work.
- Communicate with Maintenance and Engineering staff through oral and written means.
- Capable of working between worksites at the Richmond, BC campus.
- Document the commissioning and start-up of new equipment.
- Coordinate safe work procedures with suppliers and contractors.
- Perform duties in a safe manner, wearing the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required.
- Comply with all pertinent safety and security policies.
- Adhere to Quality Systems procedures and policies.
- Maintain databases by performing data input and record-keeping tasks.
- Perform administrative duties for the Maintenance and Engineering departments as required.
- Works to achieve desired project outcomes.
- Ensures that communications are effectively transmitted to all necessary parties.
- Focuses on customer satisfaction, quality and safe harmonious work place.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment or independently without supervision.
- Post secondary training in purchasing & inventory coordination.
- Experience wMaiith MS Project software.
- Good planning, organization, and time-management skills.
- Excellent computer skills - experienced with Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- 1-3 years of database administration.
- CMMS or Trades Experience would be an asset.
About the Benefits
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience.
Layfield offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.);
- RRSP Matching;
- Vacation Benefits;
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Golf Tournaments, Sporting Events and more!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.