Project Manager - USA
Layfield USA Corporation
San Diego, CA
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.
Layfield has an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for a Project Manager to join our dynamic team. This is a full-time, regular position located in our San Diego office. The Project Manager is responsible for the timely, safe, cost effective execution of projects assigned to him/her. This position participates in staff meetings, establishes project scheduling, monitors performance to established budgets, and communicates with contractors and vendors. Responsible for job site safety, scheduling, quality, training, planning/reporting, and cost containment procedures. Projects will range in size and complexity stretching across the US. The Project Manager will be based out of our San Diego office and occasional travel will be required.
will include (but will not be limited to):
- Directing primary communication with contractors after project award.
- Working closely with estimators and General Superintendent.
- Establishing project schedules and executing sound cost practices.
- Ensuring General Superintendent is fully informed of contract and communications.
- Ensuring implementation of quality assurance in conjunction with General Superintendent.
- Preparing and submitting necessary documents and invoicing to contractors.
- Performing site visits as required.
- Identifying changes in project scope and submitting change orders.
- Conducting and/or participating in job hand-offs and project post-evaluations.
- Member of Safety and Operations meetings.
- Verifying and ensuring coding of project expenses are correct prior to submitting to accounting.
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, skills & experience:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Engineering/Operations or a combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of experience in Construction Project Management; must demonstrate progression in past positions.
- High degree of competence in written, oral and mathematical skills, including intermediate Microsoft Office and Excel program skills.
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience.
Layfield offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.).
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with discretionary company matching.
- Reimbursement for continuing education.
- You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Golf Tournaments, Sporting and Holiday Events and more!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please reference code PM010518
To learn more about Layfield, please visit our website at www.layfieldgroup.com
We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.