Technical Services Quality Assistant
Layfield Group Limited
- Join a rapidly growing organization, providing you with opportunities to advance!
- Enjoy a competitive salary, fantastic benefits and reimbursement for continuing education!
- Play an integral role in Supporting Layfield’s business
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.
About the Opportunity
Layfield has an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for a Technical Services Quality Assistant to join out dynamic Layfield Manufacturing team. This is a full-time, permanent position located in the Richmond, BC facility.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Support Process Engineering Manager and Facilities Manager
- Maintain procedures which assure product quality including packaging control, product testing & clearance, manufacturing procedures and quality systems
- Maintain company standards in the areas of product standards, process specifications & regulatory compliance while tracking performance and upholding quality KPI’s
- Visit plant to observe any quality issues
- Assist with equipment repairs and maintain records through Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
- Assess equipment performance and make recommendations for new equipment purchases
- Document the commissioning and start-up of new equipment and maintain databases by performing data input and record-keeping tasks
- Maintain inventory of plant tools, machinery, jigs, and fixtures
- Communicate effectively through oral and written means
- Perform duties in a safe manner, wearing the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required
- Adhere to Quality Systems procedures and policies
- Support ISO 9001 project
- Perform administrative duties and other related duties as required
- Works to achieve desired project outcomes
- Ensures that communications are effectively transmitted to all necessary parties
- Focuses on customer satisfaction, quality and safe harmonious work place
- Strong Ability to work in a team environment or independently without supervision
- Experience in inventory coordination
- Good planning, organization, and time-management skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills – experienced with Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to be detail-oriented
- 1-3 years of database administration
- Knowledge of ISO 9001
- Six sigma and/or lean manufacturing experience would be an asset
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience.
Layfield will offer a competitive benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.);
- RRSP Matching;
- Vacation Benefits;
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Golf Tournaments, Sporting Events and more!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.