Water & Wastewater Business Development Manager
Layfield Canada Ltd.
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.
About the Opportunity
Layfield has an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for a Water & Wastewater Business Development Manager (full-time, permanent). The Water & Wastewater BDM will play a key role in promoting our containment products and technology to the water and wastewater industry. This role will require calling on prospective clients, identifying pain-points and communication Layfield’s vertically integrated customized solutions to engineers, consultants and facility owners in order to find the right solution for their unique needs.
The position will report to the Vice-President, Environmental Containment and will be based out of the Layfield Edmonton office. The position requires travel both nationally and internationally to client sites, tradeshows and conferences.
The key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Proactively develop new business opportunities with a focus on facility owners, consultants and contractors.
- Maintain strong and active relationships with existing clients and channel partners.
- Prepare proposals and documentation required to respond to client’s requests and conduct technical sales presentations as needed.
- Assist with the analysis, design, and estimate of containment projects for municipal water & wastewater treatment plants and for various industrial water and wastewater related facilities and applications.
- Providing training and producing support material for other members of the sales team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in business development or
technical sales, preferably promoting products to the municipal and industrial water & wastewater
industry. Completion of a bachelor’s degree or diploma in civil, geotechnical or environmental
engineering or in business would be considered an asset. The candidate should also possess the
following knowledge, skills and abilities:
About the Benefits
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience.
- Working knowledge of engineering related calculations and ability to develop visual aids (such as drawings, plans details, profiles/sections) with Autodesk Civil 3D and AutoCAD MEP.
- Ability to present sound technical presentations and proposals to small and larger groups of potential clients, including engineers, consultants, contractors and owners.
- Results-oriented, self-starter with superb interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with outstanding communication skills.
- Proven ability to write technical reports and other documents.
Layfield offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.);
- RRSP Matching;
- Reimbursement for continuing education;
- You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Golf Tournaments, Sporting Events and more!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, please reference the Water & Wastewater BDM job title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.