Business Development Manager - San Diego
Layfield USA Corporation
San Diego, CA
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.
Layfield is looking to add a highly motivated and hard-working Business Development Manager experienced with geomembranes in civil construction, environmental or water wastewater sectors. The BDM will play a key role in helping drive Layfield’s business development efforts, fostering strategic relationships with potential clients and partners from opportunity lead to final contract. Candidates should bring relevant industry knowledge, experience, and a proven ability to creatively and confidently convey the added value of Layfield’s products & services to prospective clients.
This full-time, regular position will report to the Sales Manager - USA and will be based out of the Layfield San Diego office. The BDM will be servicing customers and developing new customers in the Southwest United States region as well as calling on some national accounts.
The key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Research and develop list of potential clients, proactively identify, locate, and qualify new business leads.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal customers (including marketing, customer services, purchasing and supply chain) and external customers, sharing knowledge and being a team player.
- Develop and maintain excellent industry and territory knowledge.
- Understand customer and competitor activities and communicate opportunities on strategic sales issues that impact region.
- Engage with owners, engineers and specifiers to introduce Layfield and present our product and service offerings.
- Actively participate with the team in developing project ‘win’ strategies during the bidding process.
- Attend industry trade shows, conferences and other events as needed for networking, market analysis and prospecting.
- Communicate opportunities on strategic sales or marketing issues that impact region (channels, pricing, products, partners and promotion).
- Conduct product and sales training sessions to meet internal and external customer needs.
- Develop and implement business development strategies to identify, qualify, and secure prospects for new water & wastewater, civil construction business opportunities.
- Provide comprehensive sales reports and other management reporting as required
What does Layfield have to offer?
- Five (5) years of business development experience geomembranes and geosynthetics.
- Completion of a post-secondary program with a focus on engineering, business or a combination of education and previous sales experience will considered.
- Demonstrated business development and relationship management skills with ability to identify customer needs and effectively communicate position, negotiate, provide solutions, and close sales. Specific experience in CA is preferred.
- Excellent. verbal, written and technical communication skills and superior presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and relationships.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and a CRM program is preferred.
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience. Layfield offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Golf Tournaments, Sporting Events and more!
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, flexible spending plan, life insurance etc.)
- 401K Contribution Package
- Vacation Benefits
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference the BDM – San Diego job title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.