General Labourer – Fabrication Plant
Layfield Canada Ltd
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.
About the Opportunity
Layfield is looking for General Labourers – Fabrication Plant to work in our Edmonton Fabrication Team. The position is responsible for fabricating liners using plastic fusion welders. The candidates for these two (2) positions will be expected to be flexible to work day shifts and night shifts. Our schedule is a compressed work week consisting of 12 hours shifts of 3 on, 3 off.
Key responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Ensuring correct materials are available for processing.
- Using seaming and extrusion equipment to fusion weld and sew materials such as; polymer film, geomembrane, and geo-textiles.Ensure proper packaging, identification and counts of goods produced
- Completing and accurately logging production information during shift
- Ensuring products are produced within the qualifications, efficiencies and published Quality Assurance and Quality Control specifications
- Make recommendations for process and equipment improvements
The ideal candidate will:
- Have one to two (1-2) years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Have mechanical aptitude in using basic hand tools, power tools, welders and other equipment as required
- Must be physically fit to walk, lift and carry materials.
- Ability to work flexible hours, during a day shift and/ or a night shift.
- Able to work and contribute to a team approach with a positive attitude and outlook
- Have a willingness to learn and grow within position
What does Layfield have to offer?
$19.15 per hour with the possibility of overnight premium for working night shifts
All PPE provided (except Steel Toed Boots)
On-the-job training provided through our in-house progression system
If this position interests you, please forward your resume indicating the position title and your wage expectations to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agencies Please.