General Labourers for Geomembrane Installation - AB
Layfield Canada Ltd
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.
About the Opportunity
Layfield is looking for General Labourers for Geomembrane Installation to join our Edmonton Field Team. The General Labourers are responsible for assisting in the installation of geomembranes, liners and environmental containment systems, while maintaining a high level of safety and quality.
The key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Deploying materials under the direction of a Field Installation Supervisor or Technician
- Assisting with the installation, welding and/or sewing of geomembranes/liners & environmental containment systems within frac tanks, oil tank farms, produced water ponds, storm water ponds, landfills, etc.
- Operating various types of basic hand tools and plastic fusion welding equipment
- Performing routine maintenance of equipment under the direction of a Field Installation Supervisor or Technician
- Communicating equipment problems or site conditions to the Field Installation Supervisor
- Completing work according to Layfield safety policies and in accordance with the customers/project specifications assuring the highest quality standards are met
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 1+ years of previous construction experience.
- Able and willing to travel to remote locations and be away for extended periods of time up to 24 days
- Able and willing to adapt to changing schedules
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Safety focused and team oriented individual
- Have a valid Driver’s License or government issued photo ID
- Have any/ all of the following safety tickets would be considered an asset: CSTS 09, H2S, & First Aid
- Able to successfully pass pre-access testing as a site specific requirement
What does Layfield have to offer?
- $18.00 to $22.00 per hour (depending on experience) with frequent opportunities for overtime
- Paid Travel Time & Per Diems
- Lodging supplied while on remote job sites or paid camp premiums while on camp job sites
- All PPE provided (except Steel Toed Boots)
- Transportation provided from Edmonton Office to and from work site
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance)
- RRSP Matching Program
- In house training program/ progression system
We thank all applicants for their interest
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agencies Please.
If this position interests you, please forward your resume indicating the position title and your wage expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org