Geomembrane Installation Technicians - ON
Layfield Canada Ltd.
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.
About the Opportunity
The Geomembrane Installation Technicians are responsible for the installation of geomembranes, liners and environmental containment systems, while maintaining a high level of safety and quality.
These positions are full-time, permanent positions based out of Vaughan and will require extensive travelling to remote locations in Eastern Canada.
The key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the deployment of geosynthetic materials
- Installing various environmental containment systems within frac tanks, oil tank farms, produced water ponds, storm water ponds, landfills, etc.
- Using seaming and extrusion equipment to fusion weld geosynthetic materials
- Using basic hand tools and grinders as required
- Ensuring all assigned projects are completed according to Layfield safety policies and in accordance with the customers/project specifications assuring the highest quality standards are met
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Have a minimum 2 years geomembrane installation experience
- Have a minimum grade 12 level of education
- Be comfortable with travelling to remote locations and being away for extended periods of time up to 24 days
- Be adaptable to changing schedules for time-off
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Be a safety focused individual
- Have a valid Driver’s License or government issued photo ID
- Have any/ all of the following safety tickets would be considered an asset: CSTS 09, H2S, & First Aid
- Be able to successfully pass pre-employment testing as a site specific requirement
What does Layfield have to offer?
- $25.00 to $30.00 per hour with frequent opportunities for overtime
- Paid Travel Time & Per Diems hour(depending on experience)
- Lodging supplied while on remote job sites or paid camp premiums while on camp job sites
- All PPE provided (except Steel Toed Boots)
- Transportation provided from Vaughan Office to and from work site
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance)
- RRSP Matching Program
- In house training program/ progression system
We thank all applicants for their interest
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agencies Please.
If this position interests you, please forward your resume indicating the position title and your wage expectations to email@example.com