Industrial Engineer Technician
Layfield Group Limited
- Join a rapidly growing organization, providing you with opportunities to advance!
- Enjoy a competitive salary, fantastic benefits and reimbursement for continuing education!
- Play an integral role in Supporting Layfield’s business!
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.
Layfield has an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for an Industrial Engineer Technician to join our dynamic team. This is a full-time, permanent position located in our Manufacturing Office in Richmond, BC.
Reporting to the Process Engineering Manager, the Industrial Engineering Technician will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting industrial control system components and circuits in 2 high volume manufacturing facilities resulting in improved efficiencies such as speed, information flow and operational consistency.
- Verify and validate components and sensors to ensure suitability to task.
- Maintain and troubleshoot PLC and HMI systems.
- Lead/collaborate on system root cause and failure analysis using industry standards processes.
- Perform system start-up and commissioning of new equipment.
- Provide support to the operations and engineering teams.
- Ensure effective control and transition of master product data from commissioning of equipment into robust and controlled manufacturing processes.
- Adapt manufacturing process for new products
- Assist with trials to verify product repeatability, manufacturing and supply chain capability and readiness.
- Coordinate trials to ensure effective and cost-effective execution.
Qualifications & Learning Requirements:
- University Degree or Diploma in a technical field.
- Hands on experience with PLC & HMI programming and Ladder Logic.
- Ability to solve both technical and people oriented problems
- Multi-tasker with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to enjoy both work hands-on in the manufacturing environment and data analysis and process documentation in the office.
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience.
Layfield will offer a competitive benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.);
- RRSP Matching;
- 3 weeks vacation;
- Paid sick and personal leaves;
- Reimbursement for continuing education and professional development
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Golf Tournaments, Sporting Events and more!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Layfield, please visit our website at www.layfieldgroup.com