Maintenance Journeyman - Electrician
Layfield Group Limited
- Join a rapidly growing organization, providing you with opportunities to advance!
- Enjoy a competitive salary, fantastic benefits and reimbursement for continuing education!
- Play an integral role in Supporting Layfield’s business!
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.
About the Opportunity
Layfield has an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for a Maintenance Journeyman - Electrician to join our dynamic Manufacturing Team. This is a full-time, permanent position located in our Manufacturing Office in Richmond, BC.
The Maintenance Journeyman - Electrician is responsible for the repair and maintenance of all equipment, facilities, and tools, etc., within the operation. Through their skills, and proficiency in Industrial Plant Maintenance, they contribute to an efficient and productive manufacturing operation.
The key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in formulating maintenance policies, new equipment recommendations, modifications etc.
- Capable of working at a remote plant or worksite.
- Maintain an adequate spare parts inventory and ensure that these parts are stored correctly and inventoried accurately.
- Maintain equipment and repair records.
- Appraise equipment on an ongoing basis and perform repairs etc. as necessary.
- Comply with all pertinent safety and security policies and ensure that equipment is safe to operate.
- When necessary, communicate to plant personnel the proper use of tools and equipment.
- Maintain plant tools and QC equipment in good working condition and properly calibrate as necessary.
- Assist in development, design, and fabrication of production related jigs, fixtures, accessories etc.
- Contribute with the commissioning and start up of new equipment.
- Responsible for the activities and cleanliness of the maintenance shop, and machine tool area.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Works to achieve desired project outcomes.
- Focuses on customer satisfaction, quality, and safe harmonious workplace.
- Ensures that communications are effectively transmitted to all necessary parties.
- Current BC code compliance.
- Industrial Electrician, Red Seal trade certification CANADA.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with experience in PLC and electrical control systems, preventative maintenance.
- Willingness to work shift work and/or overtime/call-ins as required.
- Willingness to travel if required.
- Willingness to upgrade skills and education to meet company requirements.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge of quality process as a philosophy and value for manufacturing.
- Self starter, with excellent team member skills.
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship program would be preferred.
- Three (3) years working as an Electrician or Instrument mechanic with emphasis on PLC automation within a manufacturing environment.
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience.
This role pays $35.98 per hour.
Layfield will offer a competitive benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.);
- RRSP Matching;
- 2 weeks vacation;
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Golf Tournaments, Sporting Events and more!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Layfield, please visit our website at www.layfieldgroup.com