Quality Assurance Technician
Layfield Group Limited
- Join a rapidly growing organization, providing you with opportunities to advance!
- Enjoy a competitive salary, fantastic benefits and reimbursement for continuing education!
- Play an integral role in Supporting Layfield’s business!
Layfield was originally established in the mid-1950s as a fabricated plastics business. Today, Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geo textiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Operating in three business units of Environmental Containment, Construction Products, and Flexible Packaging, Layfield provides a wide variety of tailored polymer solutions from high strength geomembranes and flood control systems to food and medical packaging. As a vertically integrated company, Layfield has a strong manufacturing, distribution base, and installation base across fourteen locations internationally.
Layfield has an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for a Quality Assurance Technician to join our dynamic Operations Team. This is a full-time, permanent position located in our Manufacturing Office in Richmond, BC.
The Quality Assurance Technician has the general responsibility of ensuring all products manufactured meets and exceeds our customer’s expectation. The position will also be responsible for the administration and continuous improvement of Layfield’s Integrated Quality Management System and Operational Excellence (OpEx!) program.
Auditing & Assessment
- Act as the liaison between the Business Units and Operations; administer all PIRs and provide technical investigation support when required.
- Publish weekly reports on non-conformances.
- Maintain, revise and update all Layfield Operational Excellence System documentation; policies and procedures, work instructions, quality forms and related documents.
- Maintain quality and food safety integrity programs.
Support to Other Layfield Teams
- Serve as the primary corporate contact for external QMS, PACsecure and supplier audits.
- Conduct regular internal audits and inspections of Layfield operational systems – QMS, IFS-PACSecure, OpEx!.
- As required, perform process and product audits including testing.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Lab and development of new testing techniques.
- Act as a resource for Layfield senior leadership in the execution of system improvement initiatives.
- Provide technical support to the Engineering team in the review and functional assessment of product quality.
Skills and Qualifications
- Problem solving skills
- Able to juggle multiple priorities
- Communicate effectively; able to give constructive feedback in a non-confrontational, collaborative manner
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; but technical degree or diploma strongly recommended.
- ASQ certification is not required but would be a benefit.
- Good understanding of Quality Systems as well as familiar with SPC, GR&R, and lean principles.
- Minimum of 5 years of Quality System administration experience.
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience.
Layfield will offer a competitive benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.);
- RRSP Matching;
- 3 weeks vacation;
- Paid sick and personal leaves;
- Reimbursement for continuing education and professional development
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Golf Tournaments, Sporting Events and more!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To learn more about Layfield, please visit our website at www.layfieldgroup.com