Layfield USA Corporation
Layfield is looking for an exceptional Service Manager who will be responsible for the supervision, coordination and scheduling for both Service and assigned Construction projects. This includes supervision of field staff, laborers, Company equipment and vehicles. They will also be required to determine their project needs; as well as source out personnel, equipment, materials and other project related resources in order to help support our Pacific Northwest Construction Teams. The Service Manager will need to ensure consistent project performance including a high standard of safety, quality, asset management, preventative maintenance and achieving project schedule.
This position will report to the Construction Manager and will be based out of our Kent, Washington office.
Supervision of Personnel:
Operation Coordination & Administration:
- Directly supervises field staff and laborers to ensure compliance with Layfield policies, procedures and practices and scope of work
- Supervise subcontractors’ scope of work and involvement on projects
- Work with the Construction Superintendent and HR, to help support the recruitment of competent employees
- Performs regular site visits to maintain open communication with Field staff and Customer
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Attends project kickoff meetings and key site meetings as required
- Performs on-site inspections
- Ensures adequate personnel, equipment and resources are assigned to Construction Operations projects
- Manages relationships with regional equipment vendors and onsite clients
- Coordinates equipment maintenance and licensing program
- Coordinates weekend and after-hour on-call coverage
- Ensures all field reporting processes and procedures for payroll, accounting, purchasing, shipping & receiving, quality control & safety documentation are correctly implemented, effective and reliably executed in accordance with corporate and divisional objectives
- Ensures execution of quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) activities as necessary to maintain accreditation of ESL’s Quality Program to ISO standards
- Monitors and continuously improves QA/QC procedures and record keeping procedures
- Actively participates in all Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Works in collaboration with the Construction Manager to ensure that effective safety management systems, controls and training are being utilized to protect the health and safety of all workers on Construction Operations worksites and to prevent incidents of property damage and environmental damage
- Mentor employees regarding safe work attitudes and practices
- Review and approve pre-job Hazard analysis, safe work plans and incident investigations for all construction work
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of basic Contract Law
- Proven project supervision and leadership skills demonstrated through the safety & quality performance
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Highly skilled with personnel and resources allocation, employee motivation and individual performance development which includes the need to administer progressive discipline
- Good communication skills that enables you to communicate complex technical issues to individuals across different departments
- High degree of competence with technical written and oral communication
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to bring projects in on budget and on schedule
- Ability to multi-task and maintain progress on multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to accommodate highly variable workloads and customer demands
- Ability to understand Layfield’s various policies and procedures and enforce them accordingly
- Ability to implement continuous improvement processes throughout all areas of responsibility
- Ability to provide technical support to the Estimating Department when requested with regards to installation techniques, productivity, crew sizes, and equipment requirements
Education & Experience:
- Construction Management, PMP, Technical/Engineering Degree or related industry experience
- Five plus years’ experience at supervisory level
- Experience with having direct Field and Labor Reports
- ies within a construction or manufacturing setting is preferred
What does Layfield have to offer?
Layfield offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package;
- 401K Contribution Package;
- Vacation and Sick Leave Benefits;
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Holiday and Sporting Events and more!
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference Service Manager-Seattle in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.