Layfield Canada Ltd.
Extrusion Operator is a key production personnel responsible for the proper set-up, operation and control of the extrusion line. Is required to attain maximum levels of productivity, efficiencies and quality in the performance of daily shift workload requirements operating the extrusion line in a safe manner and working in compliance with the OHSA and its regulations.
- Operates equipment and collaborates to identify & document the necessary conditions to run machines effectively
- Operator must be able to perform basic adjustment to the equipment to guarantee quality product & equipment efficiency as well as perform basic maintenance tasks
- Ensures all materials are available both prior to and during production runs. Responsible for the accurate recording of raw materials received and returned to stock.
- Sets up necessary equipment within the estimated period and manufactures product at the required output.
- Performs in line quality control such as thickness and tensile strength tests
- Resolves equipment malfunctions and Quality issues.
- Ensures the correct and accurate packaging, identification and count of goods produced.
- Monitors equipment performance and quality of goods produced. Reports deficiencies in either to Management.
- Responsible for the complete and accurate recording of production on the shift. This includes Shop Clock, RiteSCAN, Bartender and Unipoint.
- Responsible for maintaining a well-organized and clean work area that meets 5S requirements.
- Responsible for the proper use and storage of tools and accessories within the department.
Education & Experience
- Forklift certification
- Overhead crane certification
- At least 3 years previous plastic extrusion experience
- Completion of High School
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience operating big equipment: setting up, controlling screens and making adjustments to material flow to obtain a good and consistent quality product
- Must be mechanical inclined
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with excellent data entry skills
- Driven, self-starter with strong interpersonal skills.
- Independent but able to work well within a team environment.
- High degree of competence in written and oral communication.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Able to work morning & night shifts
- Commitment to achieve continuous improvement
What does Layfield have to offer?
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience. Layfield offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.);
- RRSP Contribution Matching Program;
- Vacation Benefits;
- Progression system/ On the job training provided;
- You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQs, Golf Tournaments, Sporting Events and more!
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, please reference Extrusion Operator in the subject of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.