Layfield Canada Ltd
The Maintenance Millwright is responsible for the repair and maintenance of all equipment, facilities, and tools, etc., within the operation. Through their mechanical skills and proficiency in Industrial Plant Maintenance, they contribute to an efficient and productive manufacturing operation.
- Able to work 12 HR rotating shifts.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in formulating maintenance policies, new equipment recommendations, modifications, etc.
- Maintain an adequate spare parts inventory and ensure that these parts are stored correctly and inventoried accurately.
- Maintain equipment and repair records.
- Appraise equipment on an ongoing basis and perform repairs, etc., as necessary.
- Comply with all pertinent safety and security policies and ensure that equipment is safe to operate.
- When necessary, communicate to plant personnel the proper use of tools and equipment.
- Maintain plant tools and QC equipment in good working condition and properly calibrated as necessary.
- Assist in the development, design, and fabrication of production related jigs, fixtures, accessories, etc.
- Contribute to the commissioning and start-up of new equipment.
- Responsible for the activities and cleanliness of the maintenance shop, and machine tool area.
Works to achieve desired project outcomes. Focuses on customer satisfaction, quality, and safe harmonious workplace. Ensures that communications are effectively transmitted to all necessary parties.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with experience in preventative maintenance.
- Ability to demonstrate strong mechanical understanding.
- Willingness to work shift work and/or overtime/call-ins as required.
- Willingness to upgrade skills and education to meet company requirements.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the quality process as a philosophy and value for manufacturing.
- Self-starter, with excellent team member skills.
What does Layfield have to offer?
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience.
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience. Layfield offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.);
- RRSP Contribution Matching Program;
- Vacation Benefits;
- All PPE provided (except Steel Toed Boots);
- Progression system/ On the job training provided;
- You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQs, Golf Tournaments, Sporting Events and more!
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.