Layfield USA Corporation
Layfield has an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for a Material Handler to join our Supply Chain Department. This position will primarily be responsible for the cost-effective implementation of shipping practices/ techniques, vendor negotiations, participation in operations, inventory, and shipping coordination meetings; as well as ensure that inventory and shipping accuracy is achieved. Your ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging work environment and your ability to multi-task will make you an asset to our team.
This position will report into the Supply Chain Manager and is based out of our Lakeside, California office.
- Communicates directly with vendors and clients
- Works closely with customer service, operations, purchasing, and manufacturing personnel
- Performs Inventory cycle counts
- Establishes cost quotes for shipping
- Coordinates with transportation services
- Executes sound cost containment practices
- Ensures timely performance of inventory and transportation
- Prepares and submits transportation quotes
- Records all in-coming and out-going goods
- Conducts and records bi-monthly inventory reviews
- Participates in operations meetings
- Works closely with Plant Superintendent, General superintendent, Project Managers, Purchasing and Customer Service to verify all goods and are shipped/ received in a complete manner
- Ensures adherence to health & safety policy
- Performs daily review of forklift safety compliance
- Contacts and receives quotes for shipping
- Performs periodic update on vendor services in conjunction with Supply Chain Manager
Required Skills & Knowledge:
Education and Experience:
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience operating Class IV forklifts
- Analytical analysis of shipping and vendor documents
- Proven success in safety
- Proven ability in sound decision making
- Driven self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills
- Independent but able to work well within a team environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office suite skills
- Knowledge/experience of inventory programs
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with excellent data entry skills
- High degree of competence in written and oral communication.
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years industry related duties. Must show progression in past positions and demonstrate analytical ability.
What does Layfield have to offer?
Layfield offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package;
- 401K Contribution Package;
- Vacation and Sick Leave Benefits;
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Holiday and Sporting Events and more!
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please reference Material Handler – San Diego
in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.