Layfield USA Corporation
Layfield is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated professional to join our Fabrication team as a Production Coordinator. This position will be responsible for distributing purchase orders to the plant, organizing projects, tracking shipments, maintaining project files and various other duties to help support the Fabrication team.
This position will report to the Production Supervisor and will be based out of our San Diego, California office.
- Reviews data on job information sheets estimates from Customer Service and Designer/Estimator.
- Confirms correct SKU and order quantity are processed.
- Daily processing of all fabrication jobs prior to scheduling to ensure correct allocations of material.
- Ensure all production documentation is provided shift personnel prior to fabrication. Includes accessing and obtaining all Custom Estimate Documentation such as Fabrication Drawings, Estimates, and QC Shop Work Orders, etc.
- Creates and includes all labels for all fabricated products.
- Assists in the scheduling work on the production floor.
- Advises Supply Chain of quality issues with products received from suppliers.
- Verifies materials used and hours assigned to each job.
- Logging and scanning of Shop QC information to ensure easy transfer of information from Plant to Construction Department and Customer Service.
- Reviews all QC Shop Work Orders completed by plant personnel and reports discrepancies to Production Supervisor.
- Monitors production efficiencies and recommends corrections to meet targets.
- Responsible for ensuring that the plant safety program is followed including: Participates and assists with the plant safety program including attending safety meetings, safety inspections, safety audits, and investigation of any safety incidents and safety training.
- Identifies and initiates correction of unsafe equipment or operations.
- Assists with the timely reporting of plant incidents to the Production Supervisor.
- Ensures safe work practices and good housekeeping practices are adhered to.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Team player as this position interacts with many different internal customer groups.
- Must have strong collaboration skills with an aptitude for helping people and excellent attention-to-detail.
- High energy with strong initiative, unquestionable reliability, and follow-through, self-directed and organized.
- Able to multitask and prioritize competing customer requirements.
- Comfortable in fast-changing, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Work with a ‘hands-on” approach with an interest in mentoring and growing a team.
- Creative problem solver looking to provide the customer with the best experience possible.
- Able to analyze complex business & technical issues while understanding the customer's requirements.
- Flexible and adaptable to learning & understanding new products and teaching them to end users at all levels.
- Exceptional communication (oral & written) skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and general computer literacy.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate, technical or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Bilingual a plus
What does Layfield have to offer?
Layfield offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package;
- 401K Contribution Package;
- Vacation and Sick Leave Benefits;
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Holiday and Sporting Events and more!
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to EMAIL, please reference Production Coordinator, San Diego, CA in the subject of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.