Layfield USA Corporation
Layfield has an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for a full-time, permanent Project Administrator to join our dynamic Construction Operations team. This position will play a key role in providing administrative support to both our Engineers and Project Managers.
The Project Administrator will report to the Senior Construction Manager and this position will be based out of our Lakeside, California office.
Project Post Award Phase Coordination:
Project Management Administration:
- Assists with the preparation of Contract documents and other submittals.
- Ensures required payment and performance bonds and insurance certificates are secured.
- Ensure contract documents are delivered and tracked.
- Maintains the Operations Group’s project filing system. Managing awarded projects which includes creating a hard copy and digital copy to include the following files, proposal, estimate, bid review, and contract, bonds, certificate of insurance.
- Compiles and submit, maintain project files and ensure completion for the following, DAS 140 & 142, Bonds, Certificate of insurance, contract execution.
- Assist sales with any pre bid documents such including OSHA, Safety, schedule, W9, and proof of insurance.
- Coordinates contract awards (purchase orders, subcontracts, signed quote, etc.) and assists Accounting with job number set up.
- Coordinates preliminary communications with the client regarding project schedule, details, site safety & access requirements, etc.
- Sets up a project file with checklist for items of work that require a construction / installation effort.
- Assembles project binder for Project Manager and assists in Project handoff meeting.
- Assists Project Manager with the procurement of materials required for the project and ensures material procurement costs are within allotted budgets.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for project employees.
- Assists with the administration of the ISO Quality System, including regular initiation and tracking of NCR’s.
- Ensures billing documents are gathered and prepared for invoicing.
Project Close out Administration:
- Assists the Project Manager or Engineering and Operations Manager with the preparation of draft Job Notes for Field Supervisor including scope of work, directions to site, materials required, and necessary backup documents copied (quote letter, drawings, specs, etc.).
- Assists with the administration of our Safety Program.
- Assists Field Supervisors with crew travel arrangements and site-specific material and equipment requirements.
- Assists Field Crew’s process time records.
- Manage and maintain master schedule for all projects to reflect current status and estimate schedule dates.
- Tracking of daily reports from the field and save copy files to the appropriate projects.
- Weekly timecard entry management into ADP.
- Communicate with customers daily and support project managers with any clerical tasks, such as submittal documents, booking hotels, and flights.
- Support superintendent with scheduling, documents, and communicate with field, and any field questions.
- Creating safety programs to meet ISNet world requirements.
- Coordinates, prepares & delivers post-construction documentation / completions reports.
- Ensures project material specifications have been fully reviewed and appropriate exceptions are noted.
- Assists with the preparation of interim or final completion documents consistent with specifications requirements, including statutory declarations, warranties, QA/QC documentation, progress claim/estimates, final progress claims and as-builts.
- Coordinates project follow-up with appropriate regional sales personnel.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
Education & Experience:
- Demonstrated multi-tasking success.
- Proven success in problem solving.
- Proven ability in sound decision making.
- Driven, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Independent but able to work well within a team environment.
- High degree of competence in written and oral communication.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office suite skills.
- Post-secondary education from an accredited institution, preferably in the construction field. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Two (2) years minimum, three (3) years preferred in an administrative support role handling multiple demands.
What does Layfield have to offer?
Layfield offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package;
- 401K Contribution Package;
- Vacation and Sick Leave Benefits;
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Holiday and Sporting Events and more!
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
, please reference Project Administrator – Lakeside, CA in the subject of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.