Layfield USA Corporation
The Project Manager is responsible for the timely, safe, cost effective execution of projects assigned to him/her. This position participation in staff meetings, establishes project scheduling, monitors performance to established budgets, and communicates with contractors and vendors. Responsible for job site safety, scheduling, quality, Human Resources as applicable, training, planning/reporting, and cost containment procedures. Projects will range in size and complexity stretching across the US. The Project Manager will be based out of our San Diego office and occasional travel will be required.
Production & Quality Coordination:
- Directs primary communication with contractors after project award
- Works closely with estimators and General Superintendent.
- Establish project schedules; tracks manpower and production.
- Ensures General Superintendent is fully informed of contract and communications.
- Executes sound cost practices; estimates and creates change orders
- Ensures implementation of quality assurance in conjunction with General Superintendent.
- Manages project budgets and accounting
- Reviews and negotiates construction contracts
- Prepares and submits necessary documents to contractors.
- Performs site visits as required.
- Identifies changes in project scope and submits change orders.
- Prepares and submits invoicing to contractors.
- Conducts and or participates in job hand offs and project post evaluations.
- Member of safety and operations meetings.
- Verifies and ensures coding of project expenses are correct prior to submitting to accounting.
- Procures, coordinates and Prepare project material procurement
- Create the construction information binder and review with project Superintendent
- Create and monitor project construction plan and approaches for each project
Estimating and Sales Support:
- Supports and recommends field labor capabilities according to policies under the supervision of the Construction Manager with direct input from General Superintendent.
- Assists in settling labor conflicts in conjunction with Construction Manager.
- Recommends field staffing levels.
- Develops and implements training programs per corporate polices.
- Provides input for annual reviews for field operations.
- Oversees health & safety policy for field personnel.
- Ensures field safety is active and in compliance with General Superintendent.
- Responsible for the distribution of job safety documents.
- Provides necessary estimating support in preparing budget costing.
- Attends all specified sales and operations meetings.
- Participates in bid reviews and analyses cost estimate accuracy.
- Provides regular project updates to sales and estimating.
- Provide value engineering concepts with customer satisfaction within corporate objectives.
- Work closely with the Estimating team and, on occasion, generate estimates.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
Customer Focused Skills
Excellent Communciation Skills
Analytical analysis of corporate related documents.
Proven success in developing and coaching subordinates.
Proven problem solving abilities.
Driven self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills.
Independent but able to work well within a team environment.
High degree of competence in written and oral communication.
Intermediate Microsoft Office program skills.
Education & Experience:
Completion of post-secondary education in Engineering/Operations or a combination of education and experience.
Three (3) to Five (5) years industry related duties. Must show progression in past positions.
What does Layfield have to offer?
Layfield offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package;
- 401K Contribution Package;
- Vacation and Sick Leave Benefits;
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Holiday and Sporting Events and more!
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to DL-Careeers@layfield.com, please reference Project Manager in the subject of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.