Layfield Group’s Geosynthetics division specializes in developing, manufacturing and installing geosynthetic technologies. We value the contributions of every employee and we’re always looking for new ways to celebrate our people. We have a dynamic work environment where employees receive hands-on experience with a variety of projects which allows our employees to gain industry experience from our global organization. This is a great opportunity to learn and build your skills in the construction and geosynthetic industry. Many of our employees have grown with the company and been here for 10+ years.
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience. Layfield offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Combination of Base Salary and Commision program; Base salary starting at $60,000 per annum with benefits included is $90,600.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.)
- 401K Contribution Package
- Vacation Benefits
- Monthly Car Allowance
- You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ’s, holiday & family friendly events and more!
The Account Manager is responsible for developing, servicing and managing the business needs of Layfield customers in defined market segments, ensure satisfactory achievement of sales and gross profits. This position liaises closely with key divisional staff including customer service, sales, administration, and operations.
Develop Existing Markets for Assigned Product Lines:
- Requires in-depth technical knowledge relating to the services or products.
- Service and sell products to assigned accounts according to agreed sales policies.
- Ensure all customers are kept up to date with current company products, services and pricing.
- Maintain familiarity with customer’s products to learn potential for Layfield products.
- Develop knowledge of the channels of distribution through which the customer markets his goods.
- Secure from customer and other sources, data on quantities, products, and delivery of plastics whether or not they are marketed by Layfield.
- Recommend methods of sales and promotion.
- Keep advised on credit status of customers.
- Report on quality complaints and resolve settlement of such complaints in accordance established company policy.
- Carry out promotional programs, recommend opportunities to improve such programs.
Developing New Customers and New Markets:
- Provide aggressive client prospecting, project tracking, lead generation for segment.
- Communicate required information necessary to open new accounts.
- Perform market research as required.
- Stay on top of all competitive threats, changes, and trends within defined market segment.
- Ensure all projects are bid on a timely basis and are followed up within a 24-hour period.
- Negotiate the award of all project quotations and tenders on behalf of the company.
- Establish new accounts and market areas through cold calls, mail-outs, etc. for each business unit’s product line and services, following policies and objectives established by the Manager.
- Develop systematic methods of finding own prospect leads and make follow up calls in line with established policies.
- Forward suggestions for possible new products to Business Manager.
- Represent the company and customers in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Keep the VP Sales & Marketing apprised of activities, including prices, promotional activity, new products, etc. Use account activity reports as necessary.
- Keep price books current and sales literature up to date.
- Develop customer confidence and goodwill.
- May train and at times direct the activities of sales representatives but has no direct supervisory responsibility.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent relevant experience.
- 2-5 years sales experience, preferred in the construction industry.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Works to achieve desired policy and program outcomes, including setting goals and priorities to maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver results against objectives.
- Assists and serves others to meet their needs. Focuses on discovering those needs and the way to best meet them. Matches customer requirements to existing products and services and/or designs, develops, and customizes additional products and services.
- Maintains own and others attention to internal and external customers’ needs.
- Takes personal responsibility for continuously raising the standard of customer service.
- Sales experience with a proven track record of success driving sales of industrial products and services.
- Advanced knowledge of client operations – sales will usually require modifying current products/services.
- High degree of competence in written and oral communication.
- Willingness and ability to travel (60%).
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Driven, self-starter with superb interpersonal skills.
- Independent but able to work well within a team environment.
After an in-office (San Diego) training period, this position will be approximately 60 to 70% travel in the state of California.