Layfield is a North American leader in the manufacturing of sustainable low carbon flexible packaging for the premium segments within the pet food, specialty films and medical sectors. Layfield has recently invested in new technologies designed to help transition customers into recyclable products.
Layfield is looking to add honest, motivated, and capable individuals with experience in Packaging to help promote our new capacity and unique capabilities.
In this role, you will lead initiatives to generate and engage with business partners to build new business in flexible packaging. You will have a close connection with our operational and technical teams and will work as a highly valued team member. You will be required to think critically when making plans and have a demonstrated ability to execute and, at times, lead a particular strategy.
As a critical link to the customer and future innovations, you will be part of a dynamic team that promotes environmental sustainability, has a sense of community, and strong business ethics
You will also be comfortable working remotely and traveling frequently in an ever-expanding territory. You must be able to travel between the US and Canada.
There are strong growth opportunities within the organization for the right candidate. This position may be based in states other than Kansas
· Identify credible opportunities with the right kind of partners and fit for Layfield
· Develop new relationships to grow business and help the company expand
· Grow and maintain existing accounts
· Think critically when planning to assure project success
· Maintain activities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
· 3 – 4 years’ prior industry-related business development experience
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Proven knowledge and execution of successful development strategies
· Strong understanding of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Dynamics
· Focused and goal-oriented
Identify partnership opportunities
Develop new relationships in an effort to grow business and help the company expand
Maintain existing business
Think critically when planning to assure project success
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
3 – 4 years’ prior industry-related business development experience
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Proven knowledge and execution of successful development strategies
Focused and goal-oriented
Layfield offers a competitive salary plus commission package, home office, and car allowance, extended health benefits, and, participation in a 401K plan.