The Quality Manager is responsible for the overall direction, leadership, and ongoing management of Layfield’s Quality Management System (QMS) across the Canadian Geosynthetics business. This position will be responsible for the deployment and continuous improvement of the QMS system to achieve customer & regulatory requirements. In addition, the Quality Manager will lead the quality assurance & quality control team in Canada. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills along with a solid track record of effectively working across multiple functional groups.
How you will lead
- Provide advice and support to all relevant employees and managers with respect to quality including presenting and participating in various meetings.
- Monitor, measure, and report the effectiveness of all quality programs.
- Staying up-to-date on relevant quality developments.
- Maintain Company’s Quality Manuals including the development of new practices.
- Ensure that all employees are properly trained to complete their responsibilities as identified in the quality system.
- Maintain employee training & audit records and arrange for site-specific training in addition to the company’s standard required training.
- Assist in the instruction or arranging of quality training as necessary.
- Performance and evaluation of Internal and External quality audits and accept full responsibility to ensure compliance with various industry quality programs and accept full responsibility to take the necessary actions required to maintain overall work practices and procedures.
- Ensure all quality and testing equipment owned and operated by the company is in compliance with requirements.
- Investigation and reporting of all quality non-conformances and ensuring that corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Owner/customers quality personnel as required.
- Implement the information flow and data publications to ensure each level of management is informed of all activities relative to compliance with company quality policies and bulletins.
What we look for
- Minimum 5 – 10 years’ experience in a quality management capacity
- Degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, Quality Management, or equivalent related education and experience.
- Knowledge of ISO9001-2015, ASTM, Lean/Six Sigma, and other relevant quality and continuous improvement programs
- Valid certifications in Principles of Quality Management, Leadership for Quality Excellence, or other formal training are an asset.
- Experience with inter-provincial Quality Management
- Advanced MS Office skills, including Outlook and MS Teams.
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication and presentation skills.
- Professional attitude with exceptional organizational, prioritization, multi-tasking, time management, problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
We support our employees in their quest for personal growth. Quality, excellence, and continuous improvement form the foundation of our relationship with our customers and are integral elements of Layfield’s products and services.
In addition, we have a strong company culture, rooted in family values, commitment, and high ethical standards.
Some of the vast rewards of working with us:
- Be a part of a fantastic team with extraordinary company culture all while protecting our communities, environment and building a greener world.
- Career advancement opportunities. We want you to grow with us!
- Committed to using and maintaining the best safety practices with the highest standards.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.)
- RRSP Contribution Matching Program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Vacation benefits.
$90,000.00 to $120,000.00 per annum. This is individually tailored to reflect your unique experience, qualifications, and internal equity.
Want to learn more about us? Check us out at: www.Layfieldgroup.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.