The Health & Safety Specialist will play a critical role in creating and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment. In this role, you will leverage your understanding of health and safety best practices to conduct risk assessments and audits, develop and provide training on health and safety procedures, investigate incidents, and maintain compliance with OSHA/Cal-OSHA regulations.
- Work with site leaders and the OHS Manager to ensure the implementation and continuous improvement of the occupational health and safety program and drive a culture of safe behavior.
- Periodically travel to active worksites to conduct inspections and reinforce the company’s safe work practices.
- Assist in the development of safe work practices and procedures for manufacturing, maintenance, and construction with a focus on high-risk activities.
- Assist with the development, scheduling, and delivery of safety-related training, including new employee safety orientations.
- Responsible for coordinating with supervisors and managers to complete incident investigations and assist with documentation, root cause analysis, and follow-up actions.
- Assisting with the OHS audit and inspection process, including developing and implementing corrective action plans arising from these activities.
- Overseeing the site’s safety committee.
- Planning emergency response drills, ensuring compliance and making recommendations
- Advanced training or certification in health and safety or OSHA 30 with at least 2-5 years of experience in a similar role combined with experience working with a construction or construction management company.
- An active Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) or Safety Trained Supervisor Construction (STSC) designation is preferred.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in both English and Spanish
- Strong knowledge of OSHA/Cal-OSHA regulations and compliance requirements (industrial & construction)
- Ability to speak to and deliver messaging to both small and large groups with varied backgrounds and experience
- Mature attitude and ability to work effectively independent of supervision
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Experience working with online vetting programs such as ISNetworld would be an asset.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish.