Layfield is looking to add experienced Geomembrane Installation Technicians to our Construction team.
This full-time, permanent position will require extensive travel to job sites located across British Columbia and Alberta, with private accommodations offered to employees. Wages start at $29 – $35 per hour.
The ideal candidate must be a safety-focused individual, adaptable to changing schedules, enjoy working outdoors year-round, and works well within a team environment. Employment at Layfield is conditional upon successfully clearing pre-employment requirements such as alcohol and drug and fit-for-work testing.
Language of work: English. Spoken and written.
- Assists with and/or directs the deployment of materials
- Assists with and/or directs the installation, welding geomembrane liners & installing environmental containment systems
- Operates plastic fusion welding equipment used in the installation process, such as wedge welders, leisters, tensiometers, etc. and other of basic hand tools
- Helps identify recommendations for process/equipment improvements
- Assists with the training of crew members
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Geomembrane Installation Technicians will have a minimum 3 years of industry experience
- Be able and willing to travel to job sites and be away for extended periods of time, up to 24 days
- Be able to successfully pass the pre-employment test as a requirement for site-specific access
- Have a valid driver’s License or government-issued photo ID
- Have the following valid safety tickets: CSTS and WHMIS
- Be adaptable to changing schedules
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Works well within a team environment
- Be a safety-focused individual
- Possesses good analytical skills and uses sound judgment to resolve issues
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience. Layfield offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Private Accommodations supplied or paid camp premiums while on camp job sites
- Paid Travel Time & Per Diems (daily food allowance)
- All PPE provided
- Steel Toed Boot Allowance Policy
- Transportation provided from the deployment location to and from the work site
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance, etc.)
- RRSP Matching Program
- Progression system/ On the job training provided
Business address: 17720-129 Avenue Edmonton, AB T5V 0C4
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent