Supply Chain Manager
Layfield USA Corporation
Layfield is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Supply Chain Manager to join our dynamic team in Lakeside, California.
The Supply Chain Manger is responsible for leading and coordinating the overall management of purchasing, inventory control, logistics, and warehousing, while promoting a safe environment. Utilizing industry best practices, promotes continuous improvement for all assigned KPI's while meeting established annual improvements in quality, and direct and indirect costs.
This position will report to the Vice President, GEO USA, and is based in our Lakeside, California office.
- Accountable for the effective and efficient delivery of the supply chain processes of purchasing, inventory control, logistics, and warehousing; and, development, coordination and execution of strategies to satisfy business objectives both short and long term.
- Develop, implement, and manage sourcing strategies to achieve the lowest total cost of sourcing while meeting business requirements
- Negotiate supply terms and contracts
- Manage relationships with vendors and drive continuous improvements in sourcing to achieve reductions in cost and risk.
- In collaboration with Production, Product Development, and Quality staff, seek to select materials and vendors with the optimal combination of quality, delivery and cost to meet business needs.
- Ensure raw material and finished goods inventory levels across the EGI US stocking locations are optimized to fulfil the Master Demand Plan while meeting service level expectations and inventory turn targets.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory and material cost information in all stocking locations, and lead the design, selection and optimization of warehouse storage and material handling systems that improve efficiency while reducing costs in carrying, conveyance.
- Ensure uninterrupted operation of inbound and outbound freight processes.
- Initiate improvements in performance of shipping/receiving across EGI US operations.
- Plan and adjust staffing levels to execute on the Master Demand plan.
- Work with staff to set supply chain targets, goals and objectives in alignment with the overall corporate supply chain objectives. Review progress as required.
- Coach, guide and mentor staff to achieve higher performance and superb execution of their duties and responsibilities.
- Evaluate ongoing staff performance and provide feedback to ensure continuous improvement.
- Additional duties, as required.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- A thorough understanding of OH&S to enhance and promote workplace safety.
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication.
- Strong business ethic.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve problems systematically and efficiently.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Driven, results oriented, with ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage supply chain teams in manufacturing, distribution, and project-based industries.
- Experience with change management and leading continuous improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and contract for favourable cost and service levels.
- Experience managing and optimizing warehousing logistics.
- Broad knowledge of global shipping methods including Rail, Truck, Intermodal, and Air freight.
- Knowledge of ERP and MRP system fundamentals.
- Strong analysis, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel 5%
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Business, Commerce, Engineering, Economics, Supply Chain, or related field with CPIM, CSCP, SCMP certification or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five (5) years in Supply Chain, Logistics, and/or Sourcing experience
- Minimum of five (5) years in management
What does Layfield have to offer?
Layfield offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package;
- 401K Contribution Package;
- Vacation and Sick Leave Benefits;
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, Holiday and Sporting Events and more!
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, please reference Supply Chain Manager in the subject of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.