Protein is an essential part of food consumption, and comes in a variety of forms. Layfield can help you manage the increased demand for protein rich foods with innovative, cost-effective, and flexible packaging for virtually any protein application.
With various unique, automated packaging solutions and a wide range of film types, you can select the best option for your brand to make an impact on the shelf with eye-catching designs and graphics.
Superior Flavour & Freshness
Our protein packaging is designed to preserve its contents and ensure freshness. Its advanced barrier properties provide a high level of protection against oxygen and moisture, reducing the risk of spoilage. With a combination of innovative materials and manufacturing techniques, we create a controlled environment for the product, slowing down the degradation process and preserving the natural flavors and aromas of the meat. When customers purchase products that arrive in excellent condition, it increases consumer trust and leads to higher demand.
Extended shelf life
Our packaging provides superior protection against external factors that can compromise product quality—designed to extend the shelf life by creating a controlled environment that reduces spoilage rate. The packaging is made from advanced barrier materials that protect against oxygen and moisture ingress. Reducing exposure to these elements slows down the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms, thus extending their shelf life. With our packaging, you can be confident that your customers are receiving the best possible product, and they'll thank you for it by returning for more!
Our protein packaging offers innovative features to protect its products from spoilage and damage. It is made from advanced barrier materials that provide high protection against oxygen and moisture. Our packaging is durable and resistant to physical damage, which helps to prevent contamination and maintain the quality of the product during storage and transportation.
- Hi resolutions Rotogravure Printing both sides (up to 12 colours/varnishes)
- Customizable formats depending on size and weight
- Customizable Barrier properties to improve shelf life
- Various sustainable options
From fresh to frozen, Layfield’s packaging, lidding and pouching products can deliver industry-leading protection for your meat and cheat products..
As consumer demand for easily accessible high-protein and cheese snacks increases, your customers expect more from their packaging. Meat and other dairy products should allow consumers the convenience and portability they need!
This film is fully customizable and can be modified to form the exact dimensions of your packaging requirements.
Layfield thermoforming films provide outstanding performance when it comes to storing & protecting your products.
- Exceptional seal properties
- Excellent optical properties
- Deep draw formability
- Gloss and matte printing features
Food processors and service operators can place their trust in Layfield for procuring cutting-edge Vertical, Form, Fill & Seal (VFFS) film structures that cater to the needs of your liquid food products.
- Higher seal integrity
- Can be modified to fit your needs e.g., add a dispensing spout
- Customized barriers for required shelf-life
- Also available for retort applications
Horizontal form fill is for block cheese applications.
- Gravure printing can create stunning HD graphics to showcase your brand
- Available in various shapes and structures to meet your consumers’ needs
- Optional convenience features for improving user experience.
Layfield lidding films deliver excellent performance for thermoforming films and trays
- Seals through contamination, minimizing potential leaks
- Performs well with various types of trays or forming films
- Maximum film strength to protect your product through distribution
- Available in easy peel format
- Up to 10 colors with gravure printing
This is a film designed to prevent product from coming into contact with the barrel, which can cause contamination. They are extremely flexible, durable, and resistant, and are also available in a variety of sizes and shapes to fit your unique needs.
- Complete protection from external contaminants
- Easy to replace and dispose of after use
- Cost-effective and practical solution for product protection
- Available with a variety of barriers
A type of packaging film designed to transport and protect large quantities of bulk materials. They are essentially large bags that are custom-fit to the inside of a shipping container.
- Cost-effective option for transporting large quantities
- Ensures complete product safety and top quality
- Reduced packaging waste – lower carbon footprint
These bags are available in 2- or 3-side seals. Layfield is ready to find the best solutions for your needs, with barrier and non-barrier options, and diverse shapes and sizes.
- Economical packaging option
- Strong package security against leaks
- Easy product access with tear notch
Our most popular dry food packaging; this pouch ensures your product is ready for the shelves — standing independently and with eye-catching, high-quality film and print. Our experts can also include laser tear scoring for easier opening and a resealable powder-proof zipper for a painless user experience.
- Stands up on the shelf with stunning graphics
- Printing options for an excellent shelf display
- Reclosable feature
With our diverse resources we have managed to develop and offer a packaging solution that can provide consistent performance and packaging integrity. The pouch can come with a 3-ply lamination to allow for superior flavor and aroma protection while allowing for more efficient loading, with less dead space at the bottom.
- Improved line speed
- Longer shelf life
- Good filling properties on the machine
This is an extremely versatile and practical packaging option for a wide range of products, offering both functional and aesthetic benefits for your consumers.
- Large surface area for branding and product information
- Durable and can be designed to be re-sealable
- Can stand up right on its own, providing a stable base for the product inside
Meat Products: Seafood, Chicken, Pork, Beef
Plant-Based Proteins, e.g., tofu
Protein supplements for sports nutrition
Soybean and corn used for animal feed