Happy & Healthy, From Nose To Tail
Quality remains a top priority for many consumers buying dried pet food, so brands must ensure that their product and packaging meet high standards.
When packaging dry foods, an essential attribute of the packaging is its ability to remain intact, protect its contents, and maintain freshness and texture. Our packaging structures, bag styles and comprehensive capabilities can preserve and maintain your pet products’ moisture, oxidation, and aroma to help you successfully represent your brand and sell more products!
Our flexible packaging offers convenient and easy-to-use closing features that make feeding your pets hassle-free. Whether it's a resealable zipper or a press-to-close system, opening and closing our package is effortless. These features ensure that the food stays fresh longer and provide pet owners with the flexibility to portion their pet's meals as needed. There's no need to worry about struggling with your packaging or trying to find a separate container for storage. Just zip it or press it, and your pet's food is safe until you need it again.
Maximize Shelf Life
With its excellent barrier properties designed specifically for your application, our flexible packaging maximizes the shelf life of your dry pet food. It creates a sealed environment that protects the contents from external elements compromising their freshness and quality, such as air, moisture, and light.
Customers are often drawn to packaging designs that are visually appealing and unique. A well-designed package can communicate critical messages about the product and attract a customer's attention. This is particularly important in a crowded marketplace where many similar products compete for attention. Our packaging offers a canvas for brands to convey their messaging, utilizing various printing techniques, from registered varnishes to specialty matte or gloss finishes, to high-resolution Rotogravure graphics. Stand out on a shelf in a competitive environment and attract your consumers' attention.
- High-resolution Rotogravure Printing both sides (up to 12 colours/varnishes)
- Clear Product Windows – contents are visible
- Customizable bag formats depending on size and weight (8oz to 60 lbs)
- SUP, Pinch Bottom and Flat Bottom options
- Barrier properties to improve shelf life (if required)
- Oil barriers to prevent egress of contents
- Various zipper / press to close options
- Various sustainable optionsVarious venting options
At Layfield, we guarantee our customers the latest and greatest in packaging and design. By staying on the leading edge of the industry, we give our customers the imaginative space to visualize the package and the format they require.
Side-seal pouches are a popular economical choice for brands looking for uniformity and are ideal for smaller, single-serve portion sizes. These bags are formed by sealing the edge perimeters and offer two fully printable panels.
- Round edges
- Tear notches with perforations
- Portable bags, serves one meal
The stand-up pouch is a very common packaging choice for dry pet food. The bag contains two panels and a bottom gusset to allow the bag to stand up straight on a store shelf.
- Great functionality
- Versatility in the variety of products the bag can be used for
Also known as the box pouch, this packaging style can be considered a next-generation format. Constructed from 5 panels, these bags offer similar benefits as the stand-up pouch and have quickly become a popular choice for brands aiming for a premium look.
- Premium looks and finishes
- Provides great stability
- Increased printing surface area
Pinch-bottom bags are the ideal format for medium- to large-content products, and are frequently seen within the dry food section of the pet industry. They are usually displayed lying flat on the product shelf.
- Stacks well on top of each other
- Provides optimal palletization
- Premium look and finishes
This film is fully customizable and can be modified into the exact dimensions that fit your packaging requirements.
- Ultimate flexibility — make any shape for pouches or bags
- Requires less inventory floor space
- Customizable barrier options depending on consumer applications.
Dehydrated pet food